It’s ok to have Black or Asian sororities. That is because Anti-racism is a code word for Anti-White.
[Picture: Background: 6 piece pie style color split with pink and blue alternating. Foreground: White girl wearing a green t-shirt, featuring an African-American Sesame Street muppet with nine different hairstyles, subtitled, “I Love My Hair.” Has a smug, arrogant facial expression and plays with her long, brown hair. Top text: “Black sororities segregate themselves” Bottom text: “That’s racist!”]
Ah, reverse racism…
Anti-racism is just a code word for Anti-White. Nobody is flooding Africa with millions and millions of non Africans, giving them special rights and privileges,turning them into minorities in their own homelands, and then if they complain or even look at someone the wrong way calling them racistnazikkkmembers.
Yamato exposes the forms of racism which contribute, even unconsciously to oppression.
She argues that there are five main types of racism, each equally as detrimental as the next:
- Aware/Blatant Racism: Outright racists that, without apology or confusion, tell people of color, that because of their color, they “don’t appeal to them.”
- Aware/Covert Racism: When racists are being racist but just not saying it. For instance, upon seeing that a potential tenant is Indian, rather than saying it directly, a landlord will pull the apartment “off the market” without providing an explanation.
- Unaware/Unintentional Racism: “With the best of intentions, the best of educations, and the greatest generosity of heart, whites, operating on the misinformation fed to them from day one, will behave in ways that are racist, will perpetuate racism by being ‘nice’ the way we’re taught to be nice.”
- Unaware/Self-Righteous Racism: “The ‘good white’ racist attempts to shame Blacks into being blacker, scorns Japanese-Americans who don’t speak Japanese, and knows more about the Chicano/a community than the folks who make up the community.”
- Internalized Racism: Stereotypes and attitudes of the white hegemonic system are internalized by members of oppressed groups and peoples and taken for truth or inform the ways they think about themselves and others from similar backgrounds or cultures.
The important part here is that yes there are different mainfestations of racism (as well as other systems of oppression) but they are ALL harmful
So don’t come to me about “oh but my intention was good” or “oh but I wasn’t aware” bullshit because I will show you the door so fast
Reblogging for commentary.
You notice that all of this is all about white people being racist… What about those who are racist and not white…? Not that there aren’t quite a few white people who are racist. I know there are. I deal with some of them, since they refuse to deal with people who aren’t white too. But I know enough people whose basis in disliking people is the fact that they are white.
For example: I know this one girl who is partially hispanic, among other things, and she has the biggest problem with white people in general. All she notices most of the time is that they don’t have the same shade of skin as she does. They don’t even notice that. But she does. And that’s just racist of her.